- A Walk in the (Dog) Park 2 - WinnipegWed Sep 2 6:00pm (2 days)
- Cachefest 2016 Pre-Game Party - DauphinSat Sep 12 6:00pm (12 days)
- Unsolved Mysteries: Revenge of the Nerds - WinnipegSat Sep 19 11:00am (19 days)
Cacher of the Month - November 2008
spaceman_baz (and Boogie Babe)
spaceman_baz was nominated as the MBGA Cacher of the Month for November by the previous recipient, Foxfiresyxx. Foxfiresyxx has always liked going after spaceman_baz's caches. Whether by foot, like the 5 mile walk to finish Baz's Texas Holdem cache, or taking the bus to complete Baz's Mayor of Winnipeg caches, or biking around his old stomping grounds in the North End. He's looking forward to finding more of spaceman_baz's caches.
- When did you start Geocaching?
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
- Have you ever introduced someone to geocaching? If so, who?
- How do you describe the sport of Geocaching to your family and friends who haven't tried it yet?
- What are other interests or hobbies that you have?
- What are some things you don't like about geocaching? What are your pet peeves?
- What is the most interesting/unusual place that geocaching has taken you?
- What is the most memorable cache that you have found (or tried to find?)?
- What items if any do you carry with you when you go on a hunt?
- What kind of GPSr do you use?
- What methods do you use to avoid muggle detection?
- What is the meaning of your username?
- Which geocachers do you respect or standout to you the most?
- If you could cache anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
- Of your placed caches, which is your favorite? Why?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- How far from your house is the nearest unfound cache?
- Do you use your GPSr for other reasons other than Geocaching?
- In the past you had set up a game for the "Mayor of Winnipeg" that was quite an elaborate undertaking. Are you planning any similar "game" type caches?
I remember reading a Free Press Article about Geocaching in April 2006 and it sounded interesting, the next month I spent the weekend with 50 Air Cadets on a survival weekend in Camp Amisk. Capt. Chinchilla was instructing a GPS course to the cadets and set up some waypoints and sent them off in 4 groups.
After playing with the GPS that weekend, I asked 2nd Lieutenant about Geocaching on the GPS, gave me the web site and Monday morning I bought a Garmin
I love getting out in the summer, explore and sightsee. I used to love playing hide and seek when I was growing up.
Manitoba, Alberta, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Mexico.
It's a hide and seek game using GPS technology
Like my little brother says, there probably hasn't been a hobby I haven't tried. My hobbies have gone from stamps, fishing, camping, photography & models to golf & travel and now, geocaching and volunteer work.
I went to Oak Hammock Marsh one morning for 3 FTFs, well I found 14 caches and spent most of the day pulling off ticks, got home stripped outside and got some help pulling the other dozen off of me. I lost count after 140 ticks that day.
There are so many, I like historical sites, but Grand Forks Air Force Base was really cool with "Boogie Babe", "Care Bear" & Starfighter_SLC
An urban cache, that bounced me around and took 3 tries before I found it.
In my van I usually have a couple of logs, pencils, baggies, flashlight, pocket knife and lots of trade items.
I purchased a Garmin GPSmap 60, funny thing is #6 Air Cadets Squadron bought 4 of the same
I love the cell phone at bus stops, they think you are calling about the next bus.
Spaceman was my nickname given to me by my cousin in Wisconsin 35 years ago. I was into space, Star Trek and Astronomy.
Respect, tough one, but Skaven stands out, ran into him at one cache and he didn't know if he should run & hide or what
Europe would be the coolest.
"Mayor of Winnipeg" was so much fun.
Played the guitar for a while but haven't picked one up in 30 years.
A puzzle cache about a Km away.
Love having the maps with me, calculator and calendar.
That was a big undertaking and fun too, I thought about doing a provincial election, but would need some help with the northern ridings and take a week off or so.