Board of Directors Meeting - February 24, 2009
Location: Jeffrey's Restaurant (N49 56.729 W97 05.203)
Meeting called to order at 19:12 CST.
Board members present: Sandra (junglehair), Steven (ertyu), Tim (TurdleEggs), Carmène (Mosaik Voyage), Dani (dani_carriere) and Jacques (OHMIC).
Board members not present: Georgia (GG+J), Jeff (HoggerJeff & the Piglets), Ray (slippery_1), Peter (Peter & Gloria) and Paula (MHz).
Members present: none
- MBGA Birthday Bash Pub Night - Thirsty Lion Tavern, Park West Inn - Thursday, March 5, 2009
- MBGA Chili / Cookie Cookoff and AGM - Fort Garry United Church - March 21, 2009
- Karoke Pub Nite - Norvilla - April 9, 2009
Upcoming Training - Nick (bevro), Jacques, Sandra, Carmène
- Leisure Guide - Fort Rouge Leisure Center - March 7, 2009 1-4pm - Nick (bevro) and Charles (burchil)
- Whyte Ridge Girl Guides - March 17, 2009 - Sandra (junglehair)
- White Plains Rec Session - Phoenix Community Center, Headingly - April 16 - Nick (bevro) or Sandra (junglejair)
- Leisure Guide - Fort Rouge Leisure Center - May 23 1-4pm - Jacques (ohmic)
- Approval of last meeting minutes from January 13, 2009. Dani motioned for the minutes to be accepted. Sandra seconded the motion. All agreed. Motion carried.
Membership Report - Steven
- As of February 24, 2009, there are currently 411 registered members. 380 are Manitoba residents. A net increase of 5 members of which 4 are Manitoba residents since the last meeting of January 13, 2009.
Treasurer Report - Peter
- A budget for 2009, prepared by Peter was presented by Dani but no summary report was presented for this month. Sandra motioned for the revised budget to be accepted. Carmène seconded the motion. All agreed. Motion carried.
AGM and Nominating Committee
- The nominating committe has been asking current board members their intentions to return. There will be a few vacancies on the board. The election committee is now accepting nominations.
Budget Planning Committee
- Budget has been drafted and presented.
Winter Hiding/Finding contest for Jan-Feb 2009 - Steven
- Contest is going well with over 150 entries from 13 different people. It was determine that we will award one prize per cacher, to be given out during the AGM. Prizes still need to be purchased.
HTML Training - Dani
- 16 people attended the event. We received very good feedback.
- The presentation is posted on the MBGA website.
Pub Nite update - Sandra
- March Pub Nite is published.
- The April Pub Nite will be a karaoke event at the NorVilla organized by Tobey, on April 9.
Ad Sense report - Dani
- Current balance is $84.48.
- Will retain the Ads as is for now, but scale them back after the next cheque at the end of May.
GPS Central renewal - Dani
- GPS Central Advertising has been renewed for the period Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2009.
MBGA brochures - Jacques
- We will continue using the existing brochures as required and making photocopies.
Long Term Goals
- Item deferred to the next meeting after the AGM.
Training web page content - Due Feb/2009 - Tim
- Item deferred as Tim had to leave early.
Upcoming training sessions - Carmène
- Leisure Guide - Fort Rouge Leisure Center - March 7, 2009 1-4pm - Nick (bevro) and Charles (burchil) have agreed to do it. 8 people are signed up as of yet.
- Whyte Ridge Girl Guides - March 17, 2009 - Sandra (junglehair) will do it
- White Plains Rec Session - Phoenix Community Center, Headingly - April 16 - Nick (bevro) or Sandra (junglejair) will do it
- Leisure Guide - Fort Rouge Leisure Center - May 23 1-4pm - Jacques (ohmic) will do it
New Business Round Table
- Steve - several Election policies need to be ratified, will be done via email
- Carmène - lots of interest from teachers for geocaching workshops (GPS Adventures)
- AGM March 21.
Meeting adjourned by Dani at 20:02 CST.