Board of Directors Meeting - June 9, 2009

MBGA Directors Meeting June 9th, 2009 19:00 Holiday Inn West

Attendees

Sandra (junglehair), Steven (ertyu), Tim (TurdleEggs), Carmène (Mosaik Voyage), Dani (dani_carriere), Jacques (OHMIC), Jon (Trove Chasers), Stan (Ztirnats), Mike (glacier_ice),

Missing

Jayson (Jaypeg), Jeff (Hogger Jeff & the Piglets), Shinook & White Juan (Joe Graves)

Members

Z’ad, GG&J, Tromelin, MHz, Gord from Morris, Peter from Peter and Gloria, Burchil

Agenda Items

Minutes and Reports

Motion to accept by: Dani Seconder: Sandra Motion Passed

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Follow up with milesmac for classroom for hider seminar Sandra June
Follow up re: Parks for Fall agenda Sandra August
Milestones for the month will be entered in a draw for the crests Jacques July

Geoventure

Presenter Sandra (junglehair)

Discussion

Site is booked, cache is listed. May buy a larger prize for the event. Bingo name game was good mixer. Whereigo cartridge to be developed for the event.

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Buy larger prize Sandra July
Develop Whereigo Cache for the event Stan July

Mega Event

Presenter Jacques (OHMIC)

Discussion

Maritime Geocaching has scooped our Mega Event, we should make it the following year. Will probably take a year to plan. Maybe 2011? Maybe be tougher to draw in 2011 because there will be more associations. Birds hill would be preferable site. Need porta-potties.

Conclusions

Will still plan for next year, planning to be started. Late August or September. Passports changes my have an effect on the attendance of events.

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Planning to be started Jacques September
Contact neighbour associations to see if they would be interested. Jacques/Tim September

Cacher Hall of Fame

Presenter Stan (Ztirnats)

Discussion

Add section E that the executive should ratify at a regular meeting prior to the annual meeting Questions comes up on the number of nominees per year. Suggestion was start with 2 and have 2 per year. Question came up In regards to Hall of Fame Caches.

Conclusions

More discussion required, ideas to be submitted to Stan to see if they can be put together for next meeting

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Make changes to the policy and resubmit to next meeting for ratification Stan August

5th Anniversary Geocoin

Presenter Paula (MHz)

Discussion

Need 1,000 for MB designation on the geocoin. Quantities to make discussed.

Conclusions

Paula will check re: quantity and MB designation. Batch size will be 500. MBGA cash to be put in $500 and the rest needs to be done by pre-sales and advertising. Numbers to be determined. James Dean hair and bison on back. Colours TBD full colour vs copper and 4

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Check re: the requirement for MB and quantity Paula June
Determine budget/numbers for coins Paula June

Summer Contest Bingo Cards

Presenter Dani (dani_carriere)

Discussion

Sample bingo cards distributed. Concept discussed. Card needs to be redone to reflect 3 month caching time. Current card to be used for Geoventure meet and greet. Ideas to go to Dani by email.

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Card to be redone Dani June

World Caching Renewal

Presenter Mike (glacier_ice)

Discussion

Done yesterday. New prospects were discussed for sponsors.

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Sponsors to be followed up on Mike August

Free Cache Containers

Presenter Jacques (OHMIC)

Discussion

Some members have expressed interest. Waiting to hear when they will be available.

Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Add to summer contest – hide a free container Dani June

Directors Items

Discussion
  • Jacques - XCSoft wants to donate a software key, Wants to know if we would like for event.
  • Carmene - The last session was held for the Leisure guide. 10 in attendance. Nothing else confirmed at this time
  • Jon - Insurance issue, should be on the agenda for the next meeting.
  • Sandra - Events report – To be added Toby will be planning a pub night. Passports for the wolves to be available and MBGA gets ½ the sell price. Will be coming soon. Geomate does not have Canadian caches
  • Dani - Travelling in the states has passports for the historic parks.
  • Tim - Contact made re: quad caching.
Action Items Person Responsible Deadline
Insurance and Risk assessment to be on the next agenda Tim August
Lawyer to be asked opinion in regards to director liability Lynne (Z'ad) August
Mug to be given to Stan for the Churchill pub night Dani June
Cheque to go to Fort Garry United Dani June

NEXT MEETING August 6th Thursday 18:00 for dinner and 19:00 for meeting at TBD.

Reports

MBGA Events Report

June 09, 2009 by Sandra (junglehair)

  • Hiding Seminar - The MBGA will host another hiding seminar this summer - date and location TBD
  • Geocaching at the Zoo II - Sunday, June 21, 2009
    New series of caches being hidden by Flotsom & Jetsom. MBGA to provide GPS units and info table for anyone that is interested in learning more about geocaching - same as last year. So far 14 “Will Attend” Logs

  • Churchill Trip - July 1 - 5
    Z'tirnats have organized this trip with almost 30 people signed up. There are several events being hosted in conjunction with this trip

  • Lower Fort Garry's first annual Historic Hunt - Sunday, July 26, 2009
    No further details on this event at this time.

  • GeoVenture - Friday August 28 - Sunday August 30, 2009
    Event is now listed on geocaching.com Compass Coins will donate some coins as prizes for the event as well as offer a 20% discount valid for 30 days after the event to all attendees.

  • Pub Nights
    Next pub night will likely be mid-July. Location TBD

MBGA Membership Report

June 09, 2009 by Steven (ertyu)

As of June 7, 2009, there are currently 437 registered members, 407 are Manitoba residents. A net gain of 15 and 8 respectively.

MBGA Treasurers Report

June 7, 2009 by Jon (Trove Chasers)

PREVIOUS BALANCE
Chequing Account Balance
Forward
$1,423.97  
PayPal Account balance forward   $249.58
Total balance forward $1,673.55  
INCOME
Melisa Borino (Bernard) Cheque for
Churchill
  $757.80
Paypal Service Charge   $(22.28)
Close Cheque for Churchill   $757.80
Paypal Service Charge   $(22.28)
Turner Cheque for Churchill   $456
Paypal Service Charge   $(13.52)
Forbes Deposit for Churchill $628.50  
Transfer from Paypal to
Bank
$1,913.72 $(1,913.72)
Close cheque for service fee $22.28  
Paula Ehn Cheque for Churchill $456  
P&G McLure cheque for Churchill $489  
S&J Shaw cheque for Churchill $489  
Training Income (Carmene) leisure guide $50  
Gilchrist cheque for Churchill $675  
Nikkel cheque for Churchill $456  
Young cheque for Churchill $456  
Ritz money order for Churchill $985.20  
GG&J cheque for Churchill $757.80  
Burchil cheque for Churchill $1,153,80  
EXPENSE
Bank monthly service fee $(1.50)  
Food for CITO BBQ $(43.54)  
Geoventure 2009 reservation $(337.10)  
Gift certificate for winter hiding contest $(25.00)  
Via Rail - Churchill trip $(2,360.40)  
Tundra Inn - Churchill trip $(2,475.20)  
CURRENT BALANCE
Currrent Balance -
Chequing
$4,713.53  
Current Pay pal Balance   $249.38
Total Account Balance $4,962.91  

Previous Meetings