- Winnipeg - MBGA's School's Out for Summer Coffee Micro EventSat Jul 2 10:00am (7 days)
- Dauphin - JBWKYZ - The Rainbow ConnectionFri Jul 8 10:00pm (13 days)
- Duck Mountain - JBWKYZ - Sunset from BaldyFri Jul 22 9:30pm (27 days)
Cacher of the Month - July 2010
This month's Cacher was nominated due to her longevity as a local cacher, the number and quality of her cache hides, and number of cache finds. I have not had the opportunity to meet her yet, but hope to at one of our many cache events.
- When did you start Geocaching?
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
- How do you describe the sport of Geocaching to your family and friends who haven't tried it yet?
- What are other interests or hobbies that you have (please go into detail / accomplishments)?
- What are some things you don't like about geocaching? What are your pet peeves?
- What is the most interesting/unusual place that geocaching has taken you?
- What is the most memorable cache that you have found (or tried to find?)?
- What is your favorite Caching Story?
- What is your most interesting item found in a cache?
- What items if any do you carry with you when you go on a hunt?
- What kind of GPSr do you use?
- What methods do you use to avoid muggle detection?
- What is the meaning of your username?
- Which geocachers do you respect or standout to you the most?
- With whom do you normally go geocaching?
- If you could cache anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
- Is there a challenging local cache you have in your sights right now? Which one?
- Of your placed caches, which is your favorite? Why?
- What kind of books do you prefer to read? What was the last book you read?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- How far from your house is the nearest unfound cache?
- Do you use your GPSr for other reasons other than Geocaching?
- What is in your iPod/CD player right now?
August 2006. My nephew showed me how. Leo Mol Garden Cache was one of the first I found.
My brother bought me a GPS and got me hooked.
The sense of adventure, exercise for me and the dogs and going places I've never been before. The challenge and meeting new people. It is also a great way to cure the blues.
Ontario and Wyoming.
It's a treasure hunt with a GPS.
My dog Max is a St. John's Ambulance therapy dog. We visit an old folks home. I love camping, reading, watching dance shows and figure skating.
People who move my caches, steal my caches or don't use stealth when finding my caches.
Niagara Falls and Yellowstone.
When my brother and his friends found The Crack near Thunder Bay. It is a very challenging cache. Check it out. It is a 5/5. I also found a cache about the same time as another cacher. Off we went to find another and I gave him a ride home. After, I realized I had given a ride to a complete stranger, but we had a common goal and geocaching brought us together.
A belt buckle.
Trade items and plastic bags Bottle of water and a leash.
Pet the dog, tie the shoe.
Tracama for the 3 dogs I have had : Trapper, Cassidy and Max.
Max, my dog. My brother, Jleecollins, when he is in town.
Australia or Hawaii.
For the Love of Goldens, but it was stolen I liked the container; it was a dog. At Tennis Anyone, the finders have gotten a kick out of the clue. I have a very interesting one coming up, if I ever get my order from the States. It will be called "Indiana Jone's Pet Peeve"
I like to read Historical Romances particularly time travel ones. Diana Galbadon is my favourite author.
At the zoo, but I'm planning a trip there in the near future.
I used it on a trip to Chicago, to keep track of how far we had to go.
I have a cassette player in my car. LOL Going to a Black Eye Peas concert this summer.