- No upcoming events available.
Cacher of the Month - August 2010
lap (far left) with his grandsons and son-in-law.
I remember back to mid-2005 when a series of caches started to pop up in the Morden area of the province. At the time, there were not many caches in this area. I think that lap has single-handedly increased the geo-tourism in the area. Many caching excursions have been planned to find all the caches in SouthWestern Manitoba with a lot of focus being placed in this area. Fast forward to 2010 and we now have many other cachers hiding in this area, and it's still a destination for caching weekends. With the Morden Corn and Apple festival having just completed, I'm sure he's seen more hits on his caches.
- When did you start Geocaching?
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
- Have you ever introduced someone to geocaching? If so, who?
- How do you describe the sport of Geocaching to your family and friends who haven't tried it yet?
- What are other interests or hobbies that you have (please go into detail / accomplishments)?
- What are some things you don't like about geocaching? What are your pet peeves?
- What is the most interesting/unusual place that geocaching has taken you?
- What is the most memorable cache that you have found (or tried to find?)?
- What is your favorite Caching Story?
- What is your most interesting item found in a cache?
- What items if any do you carry with you when you go on a hunt?
- What kind of GPSr do you use?
- What methods do you use to avoid muggle detection?
- What is the meaning of your username?
- What was the most memorable travel bug that you have found?
- Which geocachers do you respect or standout to you the most?
- With whom do you normally go geocaching?
- If you could cache anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
- Is there a challenging local cache you have in your sights right now? Which one?
- Of your placed caches, which is your favorite? Why?
- What kind of books do you prefer to read? What was the last book you read?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- How far from your house is the nearest unfound cache?
- Do you use your GPSr for other reasons other than Geocaching?
- What is in your iPod/CD player right now?
My son intoduced me to the game
In 4 provinces and 5 States
Yes, Bob Billings and Max Friesen
I call it "High profile treasure hunt".
I Golf, Read, and Hike
In a reserve in Lakeland, Florida
My first cache in Lake Parker, Florida
Walking to where I thought the cache was and nearly stepped on alligator. (Editor's note: Eek!)
A set of socket wrenches
Camera, cell phone, batteries, and bottle of water
None. Today you can do most anything and people pay very little attention
It has no meaning, just made it up
Slap Shot to be put in every Province and State with an NHL team
I usally go by myself
Historic Mansions. It covers the town where I live
True life stories like "Father To THe Fatherless"
I play acoustic guitar and madolin
I use one for golfing and driving