- Winnipeg: Journey Through Time (Zoo Event)Sat Oct 29 9:30am (6 days)
- Winnipeg: GIFF 2016: Story Worthy Moments - MB EditionSat Nov 5 6:00pm (13 days)
- Winnipeg: MBGA geocachare älskar frukost händelserSat Nov 19 9:30am (27 days)
Battlecache ]|[: The Final Leap
Starting November 1st, 2011 and running to February 29, 2012 it's the 3rd edition of Battlecache! This time, we've gone bigger! That's right! 210 possible locations for ships. Plus more ships!
The entry deadline for this game has passed at 23:59:59 of February 29th. Thanks to all who participated. The results will be tabulated, ships placed and winners drawn at the AGM on April 14th. Good luck!
Click here to view your game board.
Below is the grid for 2011/2012. Stay tuned for the rest of the details coming soon!
- The game starts on November 1st, 2011 and ends on February 29th, 2012.
- Players may only use caches found or hidden by them within the duration of the game. (For the newly hidden caches, the published date will be used regardless of when the cache has been hidden).
- To determine the Grid Coordinates of the game board, use the GC Code of the found or hidden cache (eg. GC4AT6Z). Disregard the leading "GC" characters, leaving your playable characters (ie. 4, A, T, 6, and Z). Use any of the characters to find a Grid Coordinate. A4, A6, T4, T6, Z4 AND Z6 are all valid choices.
- Note: The letters 'I', 'L', 'O', 'S' and 'U' do not appear in the GC Codes. As a result they are not represented in the grid.
- You may only use 1 (one) Grid Coordinate per cache find or hide. In the preceding example, you could use T4 or T6, but not both.
- There is no requirement to fill the entire game board. However, the more hits a player has, the more chance of winning a prize.
- The caches can be found or hidden anywhere and is not restricted to Manitoba.
- The game is open to all players who are residents of Manitoba and are MBGA members on February 29th, 2012.
- After February 29th, 2012 and before the AGM, the Game Masters (glacier_ice and WagonMaker) will randomly draw the placement for each ship [Ship type | X-Axis | Y-Axis | (Horizontal vs Vertical alignment]. As a result, while the game is being played, no one will know the locations of the ships.
- Due to the random nature of the ship placements, all members of the MBGA Executive are eligible to play.
- Prizes will be announced at the 2012 Annual General Meeting.
- Limit of one prize per caching team.