- Winnipeg - Kinew Local's learn to geocache eventSun May 1 1:00pm (15 hrs)
- Winnipeg - MBGA 2016 AGM and Disastrous Dessert FailureSun May 1 5:00pm (19 hrs)
- (Winnipeg) Back to the HomelandMon May 9 7:00pm (9 days)
Operation Battlecache IV
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...
Starting 00:00:00 February 1st, 2013 and running to March 31st at 23:59:59, players will compete to find and sink legendary monsters of the sea. In the 10x10 game board lurks JAWS, Moby Dick, The Kraken and more... will you find them all?
Below is the grid for Battlecache IV.
- The game starts at 00:00:00 February 1st, 2013 and ends at March 31st at 23:59:59.
- Players may only use caches found or hidden by them within the duration of the game. (For the newly hidden caches, the published date will be used regardless of when the cache has been hidden).
- To determine the Grid Coordinates of the game board, use the GC Code of the found or hidden cache (eg. GC4AK6Z). Disregard the leading "GC" characters, leaving your playable characters (ie. 4, A, K, 6, and Z). Use any of the characters to find a Grid Coordinate. A4, A6, K4, K6, Z4 AND Z6 are all valid choices.
- Note: The letters 'I', 'L', 'O', 'S' and 'U' do not appear in the GC Codes. As a result they are not represented in the grid.
- You may only use 1 (one) Grid Coordinate per cache find or hide. In the preceding example, you could use K4 or K6, but not both.
- There is no requirement to fill the entire game board. However, the more hits a player has, the more chance of winning a prize.
- The caches can be found or hidden anywhere and is not restricted to Manitoba.
- The game is open to all players who are residents of Manitoba and are MBGA members on March 31st, 2013.
- After March 31st, 2013 and before the AGM, the Game Masters (glacier_ice and DaniCarrier) will randomly draw the placement for each creature [Creature type | X-Axis | Y-Axis | (Horizontal vs Vertical alignment]. As a result, while the game is being played, no one will know the locations of the ships.
- Due to the random nature of the ship placements, all members of the MBGA Executive are eligible to play.
- Prizes will be announced at the 2013 Annual General Meeting.
- Limit of one prize per caching team.
Have fun and good luck!
CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR BATTLECACHE HITS!